The Death Certificate is the official document registering the passing of your loved one and is issued by Births, Deaths and Marriages in your state.
The Formal Death Certificate is different to the Cause of Death Certificate supplied by the Doctor or Hospital at time of passing
We at Bryan J Reid Funeral Services apply online for the Formal Death Certificate with Births Deaths & Marriages which you will require for legal reasons. However, we supply prior to you receiving this we will supply you with 6 x J.P. Certified copes of the Cause of Death which will suffice to inform those who require immediate proof of passing.
During our Visit with you we will ask a number of questions which Births Deaths & Marriages require. Please find below a list of questions that will be included:
- Date of Birth
- Date, Time ( approx. if known ) and Place of passing
- Home address
- Occupation during working life
- Place of birth (city and country)
- If born overseas what year did they arrive in Australia
- Marital status at time of passing
- All marriages (place of marriage; full name of spouse, age at the time of marriage if known)
- Parents’ names and occupations ( mother’s maiden name)
- Children’s names, dates of birth